There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton
Shiloh Afterschool Program (September-May only)
- Reading Coach: One-on-one reading with a child
- Tutor: Doing homework with children
- Mentor: Spending time with children during our Lead and Learn classes which meet from 4-5:30; the classes are facilitated by LightShare's director--volunteers offer support to children during activities.
- Activity Specialist: Engaging in a special activity or project with children. We love visitors--even just a one-time project enriches the learning opportunities for children.
- Healthy Helper: Providing and/or serving a healthy snack from 3:30-4:00 one day per week or month
Shiloh Summer Camp Program (June-mid August only)
- Mentor: Mentoring a child. The classes are facilitated by LightShare's director--volunteers offer support to children during activities.
- Activity Specialist: Engaging in a special activity or project with children and/or developing activities for the summer camp program. We love visitors--even just a one-time project enriches the learning opportunities for children.
FamilyShare Program (Fall and Spring)
- Caregiver: Playing with young children or rocking babies during weekly FamilyShare sessions (Tuesday and/or Thursday mornings)
- Mentor: Mentoring a woman enrolled in the FamilyShare program
- Program Assistant: Assisting with covered dish lunches for FamilyShare on Tuesdays; checking in books and Together Time boxes in the Family Resource Library and restocking boxes as needed
General Volunteer Opportunities (ongoing)
- Committee Member: Serving on Board committees or the Board of Directors
- Grant writer: Assisting the Executive Director with grant research and preparation
- Fundraising volunteer: Assist with LightShare fundraising events and as well as develop relationships with community businesses and individuals